I have been a baking machine the last few days. These babies are delicious, and slightly nutritious! Enjoy.
- 2.5 cups Great Value Bran Muffin Mix (yeah yeah… I am lazy.. If you feel up to it and are normally a good baker [I am not] then you can probably google a Bran Muffin Base and use that!)
- 1 cup Water
- 100g (roughly 1/3 cup) Liberte Mediterranean Mocha Yogurt
- 1 Packet Starbucks Instant Via Coffee
- 30g (2tbsp) Semi Sweet Chocolate Chipits
- 12-24 Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans (depending on if you garnish with 1 or 2 beans)
- Optional: Icing Sugar and/or Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, prep muffin pan with liners.
- Mix together Water and Muffin Mix, when combined add in Instant Coffee and Yogurt. Mix again.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips.
- Spoon muffin mixture into liners – will make 12 muffins.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from Oven, Put espresso beans on top and slightly push them into the dough (should still be soft enough for it to go in a bit).
- Bake for an additional 7-8min. Remove from oven and check muffins with tooth pick to ensure they are cooked. Let cool.
- Sprinkle with Icing Sugar or Cocoa Powder to Garnish.
Calories: 206 Carbs: 37 Fat: 5 Protein: 3 Fiber: 5
P.S. You could totally substitute different types of yogurt like Strawberry or Blueberry and make different variations! The nice thing about Liberte is they are fairly low in Calories but have all that delicious protein! Let me know if you make these, if you like them, and if you make a variation of them!