Mini desserts are the bomb. As someone who hates portion control, creating a dessert that is pre-portioned is the perfect way to stay on track with my eating. These Mini Apple Crisps are so good! I adapted this recipe from the November issue of Shape Magazine. It turned out even better than I was expecting so I had to share it!
Original Recipe: Mini Apple Crumbles from Shape, November 2013
Ingredients: (Makes 12)
- 3/4c Rolled Oats
- 3/4c Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 2Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Apples (I used Organic Gala)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Preheat Oven to 350F. Lightly grease muffin tin with Coconut Oil or Cooking Spray.
2. Dice the apples and put in a small pot over medium heat with 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup and 1/2c Water. Let boil for five minutes and then drain.
3. Mix oats, flour, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix in 1/3c Maple Syrup and stir until combined.Place 1Tbsp of Mix in muffin tin and press into bottom to form a crust.
4. Add 1 Scoop of Apples to the crust and press down lightly with the back of the spoon.
5. Evenly distribute the remainder of the Crumble Mix and press down lightly.
6. Bake for 12 Minutes (10-15 depending on your oven), at 350F.
7. Let cool, then run a butter knife around the edges to gently loosen them out of the muffin tin.