Yandara Yoga Part Dos

Our mornings started bright an early at 6:30am. I would wake up at 5:45, brush my teeth, eat a piece of fruit, and unroll my yoga mat. From 6:30 – 9:00 am we would do a mixture of meditation/asana. We had 3 teachers that rotated teaching our morning class, Sara, Nicolina, and Christopher. Sara’s classes were my favorite because of her teaching style and the way she structured her flow. I always left feeling full of energy. Nicolina would always do 30 minutes of meditation/mantra followed by 2 hours of asana. She focused on building the class up to a peak pose. Christopher’s classes were fun and challenging. He would include free dance and cardio. One morning we went for a silent walk up a mountain to watch the sunrise. Another morning we did a wicked partner yoga class!

9:00 – 9:45 was breakfast in silence.

9:45 – 12:30 we did philosophy workshops, and learned physical asana assists and pose breakdown. I really enjoyed learning the different assists! There are a lot ways to help people get deeper into the poses that I didn’t know about.

12:30 – 2:00 was Lunch and a break. During the break I would read, go to the beach, or just hang out. I also got a couple massages and an astrology reading during this time.

2:00 – 4:00 was practice teaching. We started practice teaching the first day! We worked our way up from teaching a Warm up to teaching a full 70 minute private class to someone. I taught my class to Beth. I really liked doing the private teaching thing and it was fun learning about Beth and her dog Mugs :)

At 4:00pm I would have another piece of fruit. And until 6:00pm we would either continue to learn about the postures or we would have a Satya. Satya, in the nicest way possible, is a “truth circle.” This translates to a circle of crying and tears haha. Christopher would go around the circle and ask us questions like how we were feeling, what we thought of being a part of the group, and what we thought of the people in our group. On our final Satya we walked to an old Fig Tree. It was so beautiful and big. The tree was too old to produce figs, but Christopher brought along dried figs so we had a snack and shared our thoughts about our experience. I didn’t make it a single Satya without crying. #BigSurprise

At 6:00pm we ate Supper and after that is usually when I would shower. The showers were “out door” in the sense that they had no roof, but they were still enclosed little stalls. It was neat showering like that. Not neat when a spider would crawl onto your towel, or a fire ant on your foot, but that’s beside the point.

At 7:30 we started Satsang. We did a lot of different things during Satsang. Most nights we would do some singing and chanting, one night we did a really long, heavenly Savasana. Another night Bolo told us the story of Hanuman. We did this circle thing one night that was really special. Another night we got to play the Harmonium and practice making the singing bowls sing. We even had a dance competition one night where we broke up into groups and had to create a dance routine with yoga moves. It was nice to get to spend some time with the group of 26 day people. We ended up giving each group a name – The 16 Day group became the “Devi’s” which I think means Goddess? and the 26 Day group became the Lotus Balms.

After Satsang it was bedtime, aside from the night a group of us went out to the Beach. We talked about a lot of philosophical stuff and then the tide came over the sand bank and we all got scared haha. Lanly took a bunch of photos that night but they all disappeared which was strange!

Sundays were our “Rest” Day. We got to sleep in an extra hour! It was pretty glorious. We went to a class with Bolo and April for an hour and then ate breakfast. From 9 – 12:30 we learned about 2 topics, 1 weekend we learned about Anatomy and the other weekend we learned about Yin. At 12:30 we took the shuttle into town, Todos Santos, which was about a 20 minute drive away. The first Sunday a bunch of us went into town and we went to a local Vegan Place called Pura Vida. They had the most delicious Chocolate Avocado Pie that a Chocolate and Avocado loving girl could have. Especially for a girl who hadn’t eaten chocolate in a few days! After Pura Vida we went to a Mexican place to grab some lunch and did a bit of Shopping. We only had until 3:30 pm and then it was back to Yandara for a class from 4 – 6. At 6 was supper and then at 7:30 we watched a Yoga Movie. I skipped the movie the one week and opted for some extra sleep.

The 2nd Sunday a group of girls went to a local surf beach, Los Cerritos, for some surfing lessons! I was planning to go and hang out on the beach, but the day before I got the worst sun burn of my life. Like seriously. Sun scorched on every part of my body that was not covered by my bikini. I had the chills, a fever, and at one point I felt faint. Tylenol really helped. I may have layed out in the sun too long. Ok, I definitely layed out in the sun for too long. In fact, I’m still peeling on my calves. #Gross Anyways. Because of the Sun Burn from Hell, I opted to go into town again and ate lunch at THE Hotel California with my girl Bri, and then ate some more chocolate avocado pie. Then I got an iced latte. Possibly the best Iced Latte I have ever had.

Our days at Yandara were full. Full of acceptance, yoga, learning, fun, laughter, sometimes tears, and most importantly love.

Part Uno

Part Tres

3 thoughts on “Yandara Yoga Part Dos

  1. Pingback: Yandara Yoga Part Tres – Lessons & Take Away | Running On Healthy

  2. Pingback: Yandara Yoga Part Uno | Running On Healthy

Let's Chat!